About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services, and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra® combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
About the Job:
Zapata Professional Services works with customers of all shapes and sizes in all verticals, on a variety of interesting use cases. Zapata Professional Services exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios. As an application scientist in the team, you will interact with our clients to understand their use cases and work along with other scientists and engineers at Zapata to develop and apply optimization algorithms to tackle customer’s computational challenges.
- Communicating closely with industry clients to understand their optimization needs
- Implementing, testing, and deploying optimization algorithms for solving large-scale problems of industrial interest.
- Conducting numerical simulations to benchmark algorithm performance.
- Analyze output data and present analysis to team members and clients.
- Participate in fast-paced research in machine learning and quantum computing applications, with emphasis in quantum, quantum-inspired and classical algorithms for improving upon state-of-the-art optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with algorithms for solving combinatorial optimization problems, including quantum and quantum-inspired techniques.
- Proficiency with state-of-the-art optimization software and techniques.
- Experience programming with scientific software such as Python, C/C++, or Julia.
- Experience applying optimization techniques to industry problems.
- Ph.D. in in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Programming experience with quantum software such as PyQuil, Cirq, Qiskit, Q#, etc.
- Experience in Machine learning techniques applied to industry problems.
- Global remote
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com