Zapata computing is a software, services, and applications company making quantum computing possible for our Fortune 100 clients. We are pioneering commercial quantum algorithms, as well as the software platform and algorithms necessary to solve diverse enterprise-level problems such as complex global logistics optimization or groundbreaking chemical simulation and analysis.
We are committed to creating an environment that accelerates our researchers’ growth and positive impact in the world. Research here is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class quantum scientists, researchers, and programmers are creative, curious, and resourceful problem solvers with a revolutionary mindset.
About the job:
We are seeking creative, curious, and inventive problem solvers wishing to push forward their academic careers alongside our premier team of quantum scientists, researchers, and software engineers for a three to four-month summer internship. At Zapata Computing, we are breaking ground in the emerging area of practical quantum algorithms. Interns at Zapata drive research projects at the cutting edge of applied quantum computing. Some of our most exciting discoveries have been led by interns. As a research intern, you will contribute to our dynamic, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary research environment. We ensure our team has hands-on access to quantum hardware from both academic and commercial partners. We also support our team with ample classical computing resources from a high-end laptop to near unlimited cloud compute access.
- You will help design and carry out a research project with a focus on publishing in leading academic journals.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, and improve our implementations of quantum and classical algorithms.
While we believe your research will ultimately generate commercial value, you will not be assigned to commercial projects or be expected to participate directly in commercial activities. Day to day, Zapata seeks to enable large tracts of uninterrupted time with high focus. We believe that this, combined with opportunities for rich discussion and chalkboard time, is key for breakthrough science.
Example research areas include:
- quantum machine learning
- quantum algorithms for combinatorial optimization
- quantum algorithms for quantum chemistry
- Hamiltonian simulation
- quantum error correction
- Cooperation in prioritization of work, science, and engineering decisions
- Team success as a shared accomplishment with diversity in thought and experience
- Open communication and willingness to respectfully engage with others
- BA or BS degree in related field
- Familiarity with quantum computing
- Some experience using software such as
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com